Chance to win a $25 Amazon card! Just sign up for my newsletter for a chance to win - www.booksbytina.com. If you already signed up you are still eligible. You can receive an extra chance to win by "Liking" my Facebook page at www.Facebook.com/authorTinaMcCright and leaving me a comment letting me know you did so.
A random drawing will be held on December 19th. The gift card will be delivered by email.
Sunday, November 22, 2015
Sunday, November 8, 2015
Andi’s Gingerbread Cookies
Featured in Euphoria Lane
Book 1 of the Homeowners Association Mystery Series - available on Amazon
Cookie Batter Ingredients:
½ cup butter, softened
1 tsp. ground allspice
1 tbsp. sour cream
1 tsp. ground cloves
½ cup brown sugar
1 tsp. ground ginger
½ tsp. salt
½ tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
½ tsp. baking soda
2/3 cup molasses
4 cups flour, divided*
*Set aside ¼ cup of the 4 cups of flour for lightly flouring rolling surface.
Gingerbread Man cookie cutter
1 pound of confectioners’ sugar
½ tsp. cream of tartar
3 egg whites
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, sour cream, and brown sugar until smooth. Stir in molasses and eggs. Combine 2 cups of flour with the allspice, cloves, ginger, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Gradually beat the dry flour/spice mixture into the wet mixture. Continue to gradually beat in the remaining 1 ½ cups of flour to form a stiff dough.
3. Use remaining ¼ cup of flour to lightly flour working surface. Roll out dough with rolling pin until dough is 1/8 inch thick. Cut with gingerbread man cookie cutter.
Place cookies 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
4. Bake 8 to 10 minutes. Allow cookies to cool 5 or more minutes before transferring cookies to wire racks to finish cooling.
5. While cooling, make frosting. In a medium bowl, sift together confectioners’ sugar and cream of tartar. Blend in the three egg whites. Beat with mixer on high speed until mixture is stiff. Add food coloring if desired.
6. Cookies can be decorated with candy, sprinkles, etc. Either cute or ghastly. Miniature candy canes can be broken and filed down to create stick pins to stab cookies with.