Saturday, January 29, 2011

How The Secret Worked This Past Week

In my previous post I noted that the more specific I am about what I want the faster it comes. It also comes quicker if I am positive it will come to me, but I don't hold onto it tightly.

My day job is teaching elementary school. When my back started hurting from carrying my purse, coffee carafe, and bag filled with papers to grade, I started pulling a crate on wheels from my car to the classroom Monday thru Friday. I have had this crate for over a decade and it was falling apart. I had put off purchasing a new one because I wasn't positive what I wanted. My crate was too big and had to placed on the passenger seat of my car.

Early this past week, I noticed a teacher friend had a crate half the size of mine. I liked that. It wasn't exactly what I wanted, but it was a step in the right direction. I would prefer something....prettier. She thought her sister found it at a local office supply store. I couldn't find it, but passing a Michael's craft store I thought they would have something that might work. Years ago I found a perfect container on wheels for holding my books for signings at another craft store. Unfortunately it was $50 and I had no intention of spending that much money. I really didn't want to spend more than $30, which would have been the price of a replacement crate.

Inside Michaels I "just happened" to start a conversation with a sales associate who told me they had a teacher discount. (You will learn with The Secret there are no coincidences. This person was sent in my path to help me save money.) I saw a pink cloth covered scrap booking tote for about $45. Too expensive. On the very last isle of the store, I found the perfect tote. It is exactly the size I wanted, covered with a black cloth with a "pretty" white design. With my teacher discount it cost me about $25, which is less than a replacement crate would have cost. Oh, and did I tell you there was only one left? On Friday, I placed my coffee carafe and purse inside, along with my teaching tools and felt wonderful.

So...if you are interested in testing this out, pick one thing you want. Be positive you will get it. Narrow down
the details and see if it works for you too.

No comments:

Counter