Tuesday, January 18, 2011

How I Know The Secret Really Works

Several years ago, a writing friend showed the DVD of The Secret to those of us who were interested. I watched because she was a freind. I had never heard of The Secret. I didn't know Oprah had discussed the Power of Attraction. I just knew it explained how I got my condo about eleven years ago.

When I decided to move, I knew I wanted to live in an area close to another friend. It was an upscale area so I could only afford a condo. That suited my needs because I avoid yardwork like the plague. I found the perfect location. Unfortunately, the builder had gone under and they were not for sale. At least not until the complex was sold at auction. But no one knew when that might be. My realtor couldn't find any information.

In the meantime, I put my house up for sale. I wanted to be ready. My first potential sale was contigent on the buyer selling her home. Her buyer disappeared the day of closing so our sale fell through. I was devastated. A few months later another buyer came along, but she wanted me to rent back my home until the end of January. I thought it was odd, but agreed. Afterall, during those four or so months I was trying to sell my house, no one knew when the condo complex would open.

I was so determined to buy this condo, that I spoke to the apartment manager across the street about renting. This way I would be close to where I wanted to live.

On the day I was going to sign the lease for the apartment, the condos opened up. I noticed flags flying out front. It just happened to be the first day the new owner of the condo complex had opened its door for potential buyers to view the model homes. But....they didn't have the right paperwork to sell yet.

I told them I wanted to buy, but I had to move out of my house before the end of the month so I would have to sign a six month lease with the aparments. They made a phone call and told me they would lease me one of the condos until they could sell it. That was unheard of at the time.

So...was it just a coincidence that they opened the doors the day I was going to sign a lease with the aparment? I don't think so. I had waited months for them to open up. This series of events, although nerve wracking at the time, put me in the perfect place at the perfect time to buy the home I knew I wanted - no doubts.

That is what The Secret is all about:
Know you want - believe you will have it - and the universe will arrange it. Don't worry about how. It will just happen.

No comments:

Counter